Outer Level is pleased to introduce our first iPhone and iPod Touch game, Bullfrog Touch. Classic arcade action comes to your iPhone or iPod Touch, but with a twist.
Tilt, flick, and touch your way through 50 challenging levels to earn your spot atop the online global rankings. Race against the clock to eat six unique bugs on 13 beautiful maps featuring animated water, lily pads, plants, and other obstacles.
Game Play Features
- Addictive classic arcade action on your iPhone
- Tilt, flick, and touch controls
- 50 increasingly challenging levels
- 13 beautiful maps with animated water, lily pads, plants, and other obstacles
- Eat six bugs, each with its own unique behavior
- Race against the clock
- Bug radar helps you track down your prey
- Track high scores with global rankings
- Pause and restore game play at any time
- Family and child safe gaming
You can find more screen shots and information on the Bullfrog Touch product page.
Bullfrog Touch sells for $7.99 (US) in the iPhone App Store.
Just thought I would update anyone who is still subscribed to this feed here at MakeMacGames.com.
I’ve moved my active blogging about game development to my company’s blog to keep everything together. It’s become easier over time to maintain only one blog.
On that note, I just posted a small Bullfrog 2 development update and teaser screencast to share our progress. So, if you’re interested in following along, you may want to head over to the Outer Level Blog and subscribe to the news feed there.
Posted on my company blog: Bullfrog 2
Bullfrog exceeded all my expectations. Even though it was only supposed to be a learning project and was developed with a tiny budget, downloads have been non-stop since it made its way on to the big Mac download websites.
Watching as the high scores have gotten higher and higher over time and reading all the extremely positive feedback has been feeding the game developer monster inside of me.
Finally, I can’t resist any longer. I’ve decided to begin development on the sequel to my little arcade game. But, this time the plan is a little different.
One of the more interesting things about releasing software is tracking how people find your software and how many people download and use the product.
Since I first released the Alpha version of Bullfrog back in October 2005, I’ve been tracking approximate download and referral statistics. I finally got around to actually putting all these numbers together with some nice tables and charts with a nice little summary about what everything means.
So if you are at all curious as to how well Bullfrog did in downloads and who turned out to be the best referrer of traffic check out my Bullfrog Download Statistics article on my Outer Level company blog.
Bullfrog 1.2.0 is out.
I’m pretty excited about this release. There are bunch of cool new things in this version:
Download Bullfrog 1.2.0 for Free
Apple has just listed my game, Bullfrog, as a Hot Pick and Featured Download.
More Details over on the company blog: Apple Hot Pick: Bullfrog
Finally, I’ve gotten around to actually submitting Bullfrog to some of the download sites.
The first site I’ve submitted to is MacGameFiles.com.
I’ve decided to spread the submissions out a bit to both make sure my server can handle the additional load and to get a feel as to which sites bring the most traffic.
I’ll try and put together a graph to give a breakdown of traffic before and after each submission.
You can find the new listing here: http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=19259
This entry has also been posted to the Outer Level Blog
The new version of Bullfrog featuring Intel Mac support has been released.
Changes in this update:
- New: Universal binary support for both PowerPC (ppc) and Intel (i386)
- New: graphics scoreboard
- New: Bullfrog Theme Song
- New: Improved Horsefly AI
- New: Improved Bee AI
- New: “Check for Updates” menu item
- New: Title Splash Screen
- New: Player can now enter their name for high scores
- New: Player name is persisted
- New: Options Menu items
- New: Options preferences are now persisted
- Fixed: drawing of frog mouth/tongue on help screen in the wrong place
- Fixed: Increased bug points
- Fixed: high score column layouts to support bigger scores
- Fixed: Occasional invalid animation frame error
- Fixed: Mosquito Sound FX Does Not Mute
- Fixed: Ticking doesn’t stop at end of round
- Fixed: Butterfly spawn area so they always spawn on screen
- Fixed: Removed the “Vote Now” main menu item
- Fixed: Removed the “Don’t Forget to Vote” text on credits screen
Download the full Bullfrog game for free!
All coding for the next Bullfrog release is done. I’ve been testing it on my two PPC machines. My primary development box, a Dual 2.0GHz G5 PowerMac and an 800MHz G4 Titanium PowerBook.
What I need is someone with an Intel Mac to help make sure the Universal Binary build works on their machine.
This shouldn’t take very much of your time. I just need someone to launch the game and check all the screens and run through the game play a few times to ensure everything is working normally.
Since the game is free, I can’t really offer a free registered version. Instead I can offer you glorious fame by adding your name to the game credits as a beta tester.
If you are willing to participate, please contact me directly at jtrainer [at] outerlevel.com.